Turks and Caicos vacancy - Director of Maritime - Wednesday, 29 August 2018
Turks & Caicos Islands - Director of Maritime
The Ministry of Tourism, Environment, Heritage and Culture,
invites qualified and professional applicants to apply for the post
Director of Maritime
Closing Date: Ongoing
Ministry of Tourism, Environment, Heritage and Culture
The post is a senior management position mandated to
oversee the efficient enforcement of applicable maritime laws and
proper implementation of the duties and responsibilities of the
Department; to conduct policy review and analyses, and to propose
appropriate legislative action; to perform SWOT analyses and
strategic planning to address both short and long-term issues and
challenges of the Department.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop effective strategic plans for Maritime Affairs
- Develop Terms of Reference (TOR) for maritime works.
- Review and recommend conditions for approval of maritime
studies submitted to the Government.
- Prepare Advisory Council/Cabinet Papers on matters that affect
the maritime sector.
- Formulate guidelines for proper resource use and maritime
- Develop management plans for Maritime.
- Prepare Departmental budgets and oversee compliance
- Manage and promote productivity and welfare of Department
- Organize staff and planning meetings and work programmes
- Promote maritime public awareness
- Liaise with and advise the MTEHC Permanent Secretary, when
- Liaise with Ports Authority and the Department of Environment
and Coastal Resources
- Sit (ex officio member) on various committees where
- Liaise with various stakeholders including vendors, fishermen
and water sports business owners,
- Interact with experts and other stakeholders in furtherance of
duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare funding proposals to support the activities of the
- Prepare reports on resource use and management
- Oversee enforcement of maritime laws and issuance of
- Prepare Department corporate plans;
- Represent TCIG on technical committees, workshop and other
- Conduct SWOT analyses and promote team building activities
toward increasing productivity and accountability;
- Prepare Speeches / Oral Presentations (Maritime Field) for the
Ministry when necessary;
- Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations;
- Perform other duties assigned by proper authorities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS &
A Graduate Degree in the relevant field and a Master's Degree
in the relevant field or its equivalent.
A valid Driver's Licence, Boat/Captain's Licence and Diver
- The position requires at least eight (8) years in the field, of
which at least five (5) years are at senior managerial level.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study or
SALARY: Grade 9 - $59,552.50 per
Resumes with current contact information must be
accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one
preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational
certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks
& Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted
candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office
of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand
Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent
by email to: email@example.com.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly
marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position
being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must
reference the Job Reference Number (CFB4-10) and the Job
Current serving officers must
apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all
supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for
their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview
will be contacted.